We understand that unfamiliar situations can be overwhelming, and we are here to do everything we can to eliminate that stress. We will direct you in completing all the necessary steps of the state of Arizona’s medical marijuana certification process, and file all documents with the State of Arizona Department of Health for you at no additional cost, so that you can focus on your health.

What to expect the day of your visit:

Check in
Your visit will begin with an introduction to our patient services coordinator, and standard medical history forms will be completed. Please have your recent medical records (not over 12 months old) ready as well as your Arizona ID, because we will need to scan those. If you have questions or need help with this part of the visit, we will be there to assist you. Once all necessary forms have been completed, we will get your photograph for your new ID card before your exam.

Consultation & Exam

We don’t feel that a patient needs to have multiple visits, and so we offer both the consultation with a licensed Arizona doctor specializing in medical marijuana, and the doctor’s exam in the same appointment. A physician that specializes in Medical Cannabis will first review your medical history, and then speak to you in detail about your medical condition(s) that may qualify you for the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program, and then perform a non-invasive examination (no needles, we promise). By law, our physicians must only discuss your qualification for the program and not other medical conditions. After the exam, our doctor will evaluate all information in order to determine eligibility status and let you know if medicinal cannabis would be an effective form of treatment. After review, you will receive the doctor’s recommendation. If approved as a qualified patient, that will be a signed Physician Certification Form.

Submitting your application to the AZ Department of Health Services

Before leaving the clinic the day of your appointment, we will make sure that all information has been collected that will allow you to apply to the state for your Medical Marijuana Identification Card. We will make copies of your medical records, all state permit forms and your valid state ID, such as an Arizona driver’s license. We will submit your application for you along with all necessary document copies, such as a photograph that is required by the AZ Dept of Health Services.

It’s that simple.


370 Responses to What to expect the day of your visit

  1. Tim says:

    Do I need documention from my doctor or do you guys help me
    Come up with that ?

    • admin says:

      Yes, you will need paperwork from your doctor, showing that you have a qualifying condition. Our doctor will review these documents with you, and talk to you in detail about your condition(s).

      • chelseann lambert says:

        Would a written recommendation from my doctor work for documentation or would I need other papers?

        • admin says:

          No, that would not be enough for our doctor to certify you. If your doctor is willing to fill out the official certification form for the AZ Dept of Health Services, you could submit the application yourself online, and not even need us. It’s worth asking, and if they won’t, just ask for a copy of the chart notes from your last appointment and you can see a doctor here for the certification and we will submit the application for you.

      • I’ve done exams for Green Cross for some time. I highly recommend them. Their staff is really wonderful and friendly. They’re great at answering questions. If anyone qualifies for a green card and needs an appointment, feel free to call my office.

        Dr Pangburn

  2. greg says:

    How old do you have to be to receive medical mj? Im hearing some say 18 and some say 21. If you guys could clearr that up for me that would be great.
    Thank you


    • admin says:

      There is no minimum age for getting your Medical Marijuana Patient Card. 18 and up are considered adult applications, and under 18 will need to have a parent’s consent form signed, as well as a second certification appointment with a qualifying physician.

  3. Eric Rembosky says:

    Hi my names Eric Rembosky and i was just wondering if i could get some more info on everything? maybe like how much does an appointment cost what would i need to bring in order to get evaluated and things such as that?

    • admin says:

      All of that information is on this very website, Eric. You will need paperwork from your doctor, showing that you have a qualifying condition. The doctor’s exam fee is $150, which covers everything you need for us to submit your application to the state, and then there is a separate $150 charge to the Arizona Department of Health Services for card processing & mailing.

      • Boomer says:

        It’s worfendul to have you on our side, haha!

      • Eddie says:

        Why would I need paper work from my doctor when you guys are charging people your own doctor exam fee.?

        • admin says:

          Arizona’s program requires that you provide chart notes from a doctor, that you are receiving ongoing treatment for your condition from. The doctor that you visit here is reviewing those records and determining whether or not your condition qualifies for this program, and is the one completing the physician certification form, to be turned in to the AZ Dept of Health Services. If your primary care physician is willing to complete this form for you, you will not need to schedule an appointment with a doctor here.

  4. how much would my first visit be ,i have no insurance

    • admin says:

      The doctor’s exam fee is $150, which covers everything you need for us to submit your application to the state, and then there is a separate charge to the Arizona Department of Health Services for card processing & mailing, (another $150 – unless you are part of the Arizona EBT / SNAP/ Food Stamp program. That discount processing fee is $75).

    • Airelle says:

      What do I do if I have severe anxiety and have a hard time going to “Dr appointments”? Also…what if I have only lived in AZ for a year or so. How do I get records from past Dr to prove my conditions or do I need them?? HELP!!!

      • admin says:


        Anxiety is not a condition that is recognized in Arizona at this time. If you have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition for AZ’s Medical Marijuana Program, you would need to ask your doctor to print your diagnosis and bring it to your appointment so that we can copy that paperwork for our records and for our doctor to review. There is no amount of time that you need to have lived in Arizona prior to applying for your card. You do, however, need to have a valid ID issued in AZ.

  5. Dan says:

    I have crohn’s disease but i haven’t seen a doctor about it in years. My primary doctor has been changed as well. What if my medical records are really old, may I still apply?

    • admin says:

      Dan, Crohn’s Disease is definitely a qualifying condition, and many patients have found medical marijuana to safely relieve the symptoms caused by Crohn’s. The state’s guideline for recent medical records is within 2 years. If it has been longer than that since you have seen a doctor, you would need to do so before getting your card. We don’t need your complete medical history, just the diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease.

  6. nadia says:

    So with EBT, what would the TOTAL cost be with the application process and everything? I would like to know so I am aware of how much money I need to have with me at hand to do it all in the same day.

    • admin says:

      The $75 discount applies to the Arizona Dep. of Health Services $150 processing fee. That fee is not due at the time of your exam, you are allowed 90 days maximum (but the sooner you pay AZDHS the sooner they can send your card).

      Our $150 exam fee includes everything. No hidden fees, no promotional discounts or anything. We will take your photograph, copy your records, provide all necessary documents and upload your application for you.

  7. Ashley says:

    I got in a car accident a year ago and Ive had severe lower back pain ever since that, I have’nt told my doctor about it, do I need to make a appointment with my doctor first before I think about applying?

    • admin says:

      Yes, Ashley.
      You would need to bring something on paper to show your diagnosis of severe lower back pain. If you need help finding a doctor in your area, you can call us at 480-420-6582.

  8. Glenda says:

    My mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, to the point where she can barley stand up with out severe pain. Is this a condition that would be recognized?

    • admin says:

      Yes, Glenda.
      Your mother’s rheumatoid arthritis would be categorized as chronic pain, which is a qualifying condition for Arizona’s medical marijuana program. She may also already have everything that she would need in the way of paperwork. We ask that your mother bring something in writing (medical progress notes or diagnosis) when coming to her appointment, so that our doctor can review before signing the required state forms.

      If you would like to make an appointment over the phone, call us at 480-420-6582, or you can schedule an appointment for her here online.

  9. Jay Dubbz says:

    First off, thank you so much for the help you bring to people who really need it. I do have a question though. You see, I broke my right elbow when I was younger and had to have surgery on it. Years later I had my right radial head removed and it’s left me with chronic pain that has added serious difficulties to my ability to perform daily activities. Thanks to your help I now know that chronic pain is a qualifying condition here in Arizona.
    Would I still be eligible even though it’s my arm?
    Thank you for your time

    • admin says:

      Yes, chronic pain in any location of your body would qualify you for this program, as long as you are able to provide medical records that explain this.

  10. Austin says:

    Would asthma, insomia, and migraines qualify? I see you say it proivides benefits for them?

    • admin says:

      If migraine headaches are a source of chronic pain for you, and you have paperwork showing this, yes.

      • Holly says:

        What exactly does the paper work need to say? I have suffered from headaches/migraines my whole life. I’ve had an MRI and contrast dye scan with no results. Also tried a prescription that only made my head worse. I’m visit ting my dr tomorrow and need to know what it has to say. That I suffer from chronic pain? Or that I’m complaining of headaches?

        • admin says:

          No MRI images or prescriptions, but notes saying just what you did, that you have suffered from migraine headaches your whole life. Asking for the notes from today’s appointment for your own records will tell you whether your doctor has noted your migraine activity as a chronic condition.

  11. jordan says:

    Yes i want to.know if i had knee surgery once an need it agin but it the dr said they cant fix it all it will all way hurt time to time dose that fall under chronic pian?

    • admin says:

      Jordan, call our office and explain in a little more detail what your doctor has diagnosed with your knee situation. It is hard to give a definite yes without looking at progress notes from your doctor.

  12. don m. says:

    i am an incoplete paraplegic n been for 15yrs with 5 herniated discs in my bac(t-5 thru t-9) and a spinal stenosis in my neck which causes me severe chronic pain. im on a fixed income n stay at an asst liv center 4 now. how could i get this card going ?

  13. Lucas says:

    I suffer chronic back pain from my scoliosis. My doctor wrote a letter I whom it may concern that I have had this condition for 4 years and suffer pain throught the day. Does I qualify. Also if you do not qualify for medical marijuana will you still have to pay the $150 doctor fee? Thank you

    • admin says:

      Yes, chronic back pain from my scoliosis is a condition that would qualify you. We would not use your time nor money for the appointment if you didn’t have a condition that qualifies for the program. While we have turned down many appointments, we have never had an application not approved by AZDHS.

  14. Ryan weber says:

    Hey I have asthma and proof of it. Does that alone qualify me?

    • admin says:

      Asthma is not listed as a qualifying condition at this time. Petitions for additional conditions to be added to the state’s list are the way to try to change this list. There is scientific evidence of Cannabis helping Asthma.

  15. Jonothan says:

    what if i have no medical records from doc.? could the clinic provide adoc. for me & or help me find a doc.

    • admin says:

      We can’t provide a doctor for you, no. Without knowing the condition it is hard to say more than that. If you call or email our office with a little more information about what part of Arizona you live and your condition, we would be happy to pass along anything we know.

  16. Daniela says:

    Hi, I was wondering if having hemangioma in my liver and poor gallbladder function with pain would be a possible condition to get the medical card? I have u/s, cat scans, and my hidaa scan to prove it. Also my GI specialist recommended surgery but says he doesn’t guarantee the pain will go away. Could you please help me with this?

  17. Autumn Slaughter says:

    hi, my name is Autumn. i have been diagnosed with depression, but no pills my doctor has given me have worked, would i qualify?? i also suffer from terrible headaches and migraines daily. at least one a day and i havent had any doctor really find a reason why and i cant take any meds for it cause nothing gets rid of it, or even dulls the pain. could i qualify because of this??

    • admin says:

      Autumn, depression is not a condition that the state or Arizona recognizes at this time. If you are suffering from chronic pain, due to daily migraine headaches, that would be a qualifying condition. You would need to bring the paperwork explaining this diagnosis to your appointment.

  18. mark says:

    ok guys ?? i have had my card since program started and i took my exrays in to the doctor that had givin me my recomedation.at the time those films were 2yrs old now i have had my card for two yrs now but i think the doctor i was seeing is no longer in mesa moved to tucson,if i come in to see you guys what do you require me to bring,to get my recomendation,from you so i can renew my card

    • admin says:

      We would need to see the report that explains the findings of these X-rays, not the images themselves. If I understand what you are saying, these records are now 4 years old, so the answer is yes, you would need to see your doctor for a followup exam and get progress notes at that time.

  19. BH says:

    I have chronic pain in my hand, wrist and forearm. I’ve been to a neurologist (who ran tests) and he told me that I have nerve damage and tissue deterioration. I’ve also seen a hand surgeon (through which I’ve had an MRI and blood tests). He told me that the blood test showed signs of rheumatoid arthritis and I have a soft tissue growth in my hand (not a tumor or anything). He’s given me steroid injections and painkillers but I know what these are doing to my body long-term and don’t want them anymore. I’ve done the research on cannabis and the benefit of cannabinoids on the human body. Would I qualify for medical marijuana?
    Thank You.

  20. rubí rey says:

    hello several years ago hurt my back by throwing a cheerleader kick to impress my friends ( i am not a trained cheerleader) and i pinched my Sciatic nerve, the next day for the next year i cried to get out of bed and still to this day many positions are uncomfortable for me, i sit all day at work.the last doctor a saw was in mexico. and I’ve beed to the urgent care for pain medications for back pain but i don’t want to take percacets or any man made drug, marijuana helps for me. what doctor can i go to give me documentation for this? i live in chandler please help …

    • admin says:

      You can call our office if you have specific questions about the paperwork, but based on what you have written, yes this would qualify you.

  21. user says:

    what if i have anxiety that causes muscle spasms in my neck? horrible feeling. please help…

  22. Matthew says:

    I have hepatitis C and have for quite a few years. I have documentation on that but have never had a biopsy. Would the documentation from a primary care physician sufficent?

  23. Jessica says:

    Just found out a week ago, I have cancer, starting radiation treatment April first.Would I qualify for a card, and if so what documentation is needed.?
    Thank you.

    • admin says:

      Yes, from what you have explained, you would qualify for this program. We would need to see the paperwork with cancer diagnosis and progress notes at your appointment.

  24. charlie edmisten says:

    I have had 2 knee surgeries on my right leg, need another on my left leg, 62 yr old combat vet of vietnam, with chronic knee pain. do I qualify for medical marijuana ?

    • admin says:

      YES – you would qualify for this program. You can make an appointment here on our website, or call us at 480 420 6582. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

  25. Adriana says:

    Can I use my California state I.D. I’ve been a resident for awhile but haven’t gone to get one.

    • admin says:

      NO – this is an Arizona program. California has their own medical marijuana program that is completely unrelated.

  26. Bill says:

    Do you accept medicare insurance as payment for the $150???

  27. GEORGE says:

    i have glocoma in both eyes

  28. Duchess Dolittle says:

    I like the other MMJ place in Scottsdale.. make appt; take your med records; MD looks them over-yes or no; go next door they take a picture of you and issue you the MMJ card. Bingo you are done….none of this mailing your documents to Az State Dept of Whatever.

    • admin says:

      Hmm, everything that you described would be completely illegal.
      The Arizona Department of Health Services issues the patient registry cards. If anyone ever claims to issue you a card themselves, it is not valid, not recognized by dispensaries or state law, and you are NOT a legal patient. You are correct in the part about make an appointment, bring your records, and the doctor will let you know if you are qualified during your conversation, we take your photo and submit your application online for you with AZDHS, then the card will arrive in your mailbox.

  29. Chris says:


    I have been diagnosed with urticaria and dermographism, which I have had for the last 5 years. My constant itching can be severely painful. Would this be a qualifying condition? Thank you.

    • admin says:

      Without looking at the medical records and progress notes about this condition, it is hard to give a direct answer, but if you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review first and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information and we can call or email you.

  30. Raymond B. says:

    I’ve had painful back pain for years, and haven’t been to the doctors for some time now. I’ve used marijuana illegally fit the pain, but would like to make it legal to use for my pain….. What would I have to do?

    • admin says:

      Raymond, you would need to see a doctor about your back pain first to have a medical diagnosis of your condition. The appointment with our doctor is for reviewing records and speaking about your condition and all of the options for treatment available to you.

  31. Frankie says:

    I have been diagnosed with drop foot due to damaged to peroneal nerve and a disc bulge in my back.I have severe pain and tingling in my back and foot. I was looking to see if I would qualify for an all natural alternative to my pain?

    • admin says:

      Yes, you would be qualified for this program in Arizona. Just set up an appointment to speak with our doctor about your conditions, and he can review your records.

  32. Michele says:

    Hi, I have had severe stomach issues since 2006. Mainly sever vomitting and nauesa. I get dehydrated all the time end up in the ER very often. Recently they have found a tumor in one of my parathyroid glands. I try all types of nauesa meds and nothing really helps, i understand without seeing my records, would it be worth my time to come and see about getting my card? I am so tired of being sick, in pain and so nauesa the smell of food makes me sick. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

    • admin says:

      Yes, Michele – it sounds like you would qualify for this program, but without looking at the medical records and progress notes about your condition, it is hard to give a direct answer. If you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review before your appointment and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information so that we can either call or email you (your preference).

  33. Caitlin says:

    I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis about two years ago, and have had surgery since then but I’m starting to have stomach pain again, about a year after the surgery. I know i have to go back to my doctor for diagnosis papers, but since it was over two years ago will i have any complications getting my card? It’s a chronic pain disorder and has no known cure but rather than be constantly messed up on narcotics and risk liver/kidney failure and narcotic addiction/dependency i feel much more comfortable naturally medicating as it helps even better than pain meds, and doesn’t make me nauseous as the pain meds do. Would i qualify for your medical marijuana program? And would i need the $150 at the time of the appointment? I saw the other payment of $150 to the AZ health department has a 90 day probationary period to obtain, but what about the first payment of $150? Sorry so many questions!

  34. Autumn says:

    Been having severe back pain in lower back and down my left leg, since iv had my baby 7 months ago..have gone to to the doctors twice.would I qualify?

    • admin says:

      Without looking at the medical records and progress notes about this condition, it is hard to give a direct answer, but if you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review before your appointment and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information and we can call or email you.

  35. Sarah says:

    I was diagnosed with post pardum depression about 2 months ago. Is this a qualifying reason accepted by az?

  36. Matt says:

    If I have nausea and insomnia and mild depression, would I qualify? And if I don’t have doctors notes or history on those, how could I get them in such short notice?

    • admin says:

      Insomnia and depression are not qualifying conditions, but severe nausea is. You would need to bring recent progress notes about your nausea for our doctor to review.

  37. Christine says:

    I have had migraines since I was 10. I have tried topamax and have been on pain killers for years. In the last few years I have started going to a doctor that has been burning the nerves in my neck. Recently the headaches/migraine have been returning regularly. Also because of the nerve burning my neck is now having problems. I am afraid the needles repeatedly going into my neck will cause more perminate damage. Is this an option for me?

    • admin says:

      Yes, Christine – it sounds like you would qualify for this program, but without looking at the medical records and progress notes about your condition, it is hard to give a direct answer. If you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review before your appointment and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information so that we can either call or email you (your preference).

  38. yoyoer says:

    Would i qualify with my VA disability letter describing my lower back pain and migraine headaches? I was awarded 40% disability for those two along with two other problems, along with knee pain that i was not awarded any rating, but it is giving me pain.


    • admin says:

      No, disability paperwork is not what you would bring to this appointment – you will need to bring recent progress notes about your conditions for our doctor to review. It sounds like you would qualify for this program, but without looking at the medical records, it is hard to give a direct answer. If you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review before your appointment and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information so that we can either call or email you.

  39. Evan says:

    Hi, I have had knee problems with my left knee for over 2 years almost 3 now and ive seen several doctors and a specialist. The final conclusion was that I had a Patella Chondromalacia. Ive also had several sessions of Physical Therapy and currently do exercises at home to help my knee. Yet I have had to no luck in improving my knee or reducing the pain. I as well have acquired lower back problems due to this injury and overcompensating on my right knee its put a huge toll on my life. I try not to take Ibuprofen everyday but the pain is so bad I don’t know what do!

    • admin says:

      Yes, Evan – it sounds like you would qualify for this program. If you would like to send over your records first, I can have the doctor review before your appointment and then give you a call. Our email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com. Just include your contact information so that we can either call or email you (your preference). Many Arizona patients have reported that Medical Cannabis in combination with exercise does help even the most severe knee and back pain.

  40. Edgar says:

    I need to renew my card . What’s the Process?

    • admin says:

      Same process as last year. You’ll need to make an appointment and bring your medical paperwork and AZ ID, as long as your current patient ID card to your appointment.

  41. Ronald H. Weberman says:

    A couple of questions with the fact that I just relocated to Arizona from Illinois within the past 2 weeks and have no local doctor as of yet.

    1, I was diagnosed with gout two years ago. I was told this is a qualifying condition. Yes?
    2. If so, would the prescription of Allopurinol itself suffice as proof, or would I need something from my Illinois doctor?
    3. I have been qualified for the S.N.A.P. program, but through the state of Illinois, which can be used here in Arizona. Would that card qualify me for the discount?

    • admin says:

      You would need to bring the medical paperwork explaining the diagnosis of gout, and the progress notes from your doctor that explain what other treatment options you have explored that were not effective, from the past year to your appointment, and an Arizona EBT card for the food stamp discount.

  42. Weston says:

    Do mental illnesses count for this? They say I have schizophrenia but I don’t believe it I get pains in the head and things of that nature that bother me a voice once in a blue moon in my head wouldn’t bother me so do head pains count?

    • admin says:

      At this time no mental conditions are recognized by Arizona’s program, but some conditions such as chronic pain from migraine headaches could qualify you if your medical history supports this.

  43. yup says:

    Im josh and I was wondering if I qualify I have ptsd panterfacitis in my feet and runners knee in my knees and im on disability

    • admin says:

      Unfortunately at this time PTSD is not a qualifying condition, but there have already been multiple petitions and 2 public hearings held by the AZ Dept of Health Services to consider adding this condition to the list. However the chronic pain in your knees and feet could qualify you for this program as long as your medical paperwork supports this.

      • admin says:

        Just wanted to follow up and make sure you knew that PTSD is now a qualifying condition in Arizona, as it was added to the list. Good news for Arizona!!

  44. Marcos says:

    So I work for the State, department of corrections. will it affect me in anyway if I get a medical cannabis card. I mean i don’t want to risk losing my job….

  45. nicholas shifflett says:

    hi i was recently in a bad car wreck n suffer from server back, knee, pain and have spasm in my back. but i have also been treated for depression, schizophrenic, bipolar, the car wreck was recent but the other issues I’ve been dealing with for some time now what do i need and how would i go about recieving a medical marijuana card and what factors could stop me from getting one

    • admin says:

      Back pain, knee pain, and muscle spasms are qualifying conditions in Arizona. The only thing that would prevent you from receiving your card is not applying for one, or not providing medical paperwork.

  46. Trent says:

    I’m a paraplegic, was in an accident only 4 months ago, and have severe back pain, including nerve pain and muscle spasms, lack of appetite, RLS (restless leg syndrome) My back pain at this point is chronic, which most of these symptoms are due to my injury. I have plenty of documentation to prove my injuries, but do I need a doctors referral to schedule an appointment with you guys or can I just make one as long as I have the proving medical records? As I said earlier, my injury was only 4 months ago so I have plenty of records. Last question, if I pay the 150 for the exam and 150 for the processing fee on the actual card how soon will I recieve the card?

    • admin says:

      No doctor’s referral is needed at all, just the paperwork that explains back pain and muscle spasms. After your certification appointment and fees paid, you should see your card arrive in your mailbox around 2 weeks later.

  47. kyle says:

    I have gout does this qualify

    • admin says:

      No, Gout is not a qualifying condition.

      • Kyle says:

        You said gout does not qualify you said in other it does I have a very extreme case that a doctor has gave me pills to control it and they don’t work and pain meds for the pain I have paper work what’s the deal the paper work from 2 years ago

  48. Cilla says:

    The only thing that I don’t understand is why didn’t you put on the website how much it cost for someone to get their card. I’m not working now due to chronic pain so it is hard for me to get money. I made an appt and now I have to cxl because I just found out how much it cost. I’m not complaining I just wish it would have stated so I could have gotten the money I needed to bring.

    • admin says:

      That answer is all over this website: $150 for the certification exam, $150 for the AZ Dept. of Health Services

  49. I have been tested and have been told by my doctor that i have hep c….Im not showing sighns or problems ,besides the constant headaches and joint pain..Is this enough proof to get a card?Or do you have to have severe hep c thats really hurting your quality of life? Im told i have hepc but i dont feel sick..can i get a card?

  50. Is being diagnosed with hep c. Enough to get a card or do you have to have a really bad ,death bed liver infection before your eligable?

    • admin says:

      Yes, paperwork showing the diagnosis of Hepatitis C is all you would need to provide. Let’s try to keep you off your deathbed many, many more years.

  51. Dionne says:

    I have over two years of physician’s statements and medical cannabis recommendations from California. I moved here to AZ and have a valid AZ ID. Can I use the CA physician’s statements as my medical records, as that is the only physician I have needed to see in the last two years.

    • admin says:

      If you are asking about the physician that signed your California Medical Marijuana Certification, the answer is no. We’ll need to see paperwork from a doctor that is treating you for a condition that Arizona recognizes as a qualifier.

  52. Ernest says:

    So if I read the part on the cost it is a total of 300.00 to get your card
    150 for the doctor visit and another 150 for the states folding fees and the card
    Is that right ??

  53. Ryan says:

    I have a 3rd degree separation left shoulder that causes pulled, stressed, spasms (not all at once thank goodness) muscles in my upper back and neck area. Its painful and can be debilitating at times. This injury was caused by a car accident 20 years ago which I has surgery but it didn’t help, if anything it is worse. where can I get the documentation you need as my original diagnosis is 20 years old and probably not accessible.

    • admin says:

      Don’t worry about the 20 year old paperwork. The program guidelines say that you’ll need to provide our doctor something to review that is within the last 12 months. This is to confirm that after the original injury, and previous treatment attempts, including surgery, you are still living with chronic pain. The progress notes from the doctor that you are seeing now would be the documentation you need.

  54. Arias says:

    When paying the visit fee and card fee, can both be payed in payments? And also is the discount only for SNAP program or can it also be for the TANF program?

    • admin says:

      The $150 appointment fee is due at the time of your office visit. If you would like to pay the second fee for the AZ Dept. of Health Services later on, they give you a 90 day window to pay that processing fee. Yes, at this time the discount is only for the SNAP (food stamps) program.

  55. Demi says:

    I have type 1 Diabetes and with high and low blood sugars comes with severe nausea on a daily basis. I have spoken with many other Type 1 diabetics who have obtained their cards due to this condition and have claimed much benefit. Before I invest in the appointment, is type 1 diabetes a qualifying condition that you guys will see me for?

  56. bri says:

    hi there! i have tendonitis in my left shoulder that I’ve been dealing with for a few years. i completed physical therapy, but i still feel daily pain because of it. the problem is that i can’t take any pain medication stronger than advil because of my history with prescription medication addiction. i also suffer from bipolar disorder and adhd that i also can’t take medication for. all of these things cause me a lot of stress and pain and I’m very interested in the natural nonaddictive healing properties in medicinal cannabis. i don’t have a lot of money and i guess i’m wondering if you think i have a strong chance for approval? if so i’d love to come in and apply.

    • bri says:

      i should have also mentioned that i’ve been pill free for close to 2 years. also i have gone to the doctor, gotten xrays, and gone to physical therapy for my shoulder and i do have it on my medical records, should i go in again to get recent records made before coming in for a referral? or will my previous existing paper work suffice? thanks!

      • admin says:

        As long as your medical paperwork is not over a year old, you should be just fine. Good job on being pill free by the way, that IS a big accomplishment!

    • admin says:

      Pain in your left shoulder that has not been relieved by other treatment methods, such as physical therapy and pain drugs, could qualify you for Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Program. If you would like to send your current medical paperwork for review, we can give you a more direct answer. Our fax # is 866-233-1910 or the email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com, just include your contact information.

  57. linda durham says:

    I noticed that we have to have paper work form our doctors..My insurance was cancel last fall..Have not been to doctors office for sometime..I have asthma and is very severe this time of year.Am handicapped w/75% usuage of right arm an slight limp from bad left leg./have severely damaged ligaments in lwft knee.never replaced by surgery.. all due to accident in 2/9/11..am very interested in qualifing for your program.Am 62 years lod and live up the street from you store..please tell me what I need to do from here..

    • admin says:

      From what you mentioned here it is hard to say if you’d qualify for this program. If your knee is still causing you pain, and you schedule a doctor’s visit to get a clear diagnosis and progress report, you may.

  58. Katie says:

    I have an official Arizona ID with an out-of-state address on the ID, can I still get a medical marijuana card? I do have a qualifying condition.

    • admin says:

      If the Motor Vehicle Division issues you a driver’s license or ID card, we can use it for your ID document to scan and attach to your application. I’ve never heard of them allowing someone to use an out of state address on the license though.

  59. Garret says:

    I went to the doctor today to get my medical history and all she did was print up a piece of paper saying she prescribed me a medication that helps stomach pain, is this enough or do I need something more in detail? I am also curios if severe stomach pain and nausea is a qualifying condition? I went to the doctor a year ago and she gave me zantak and one other medication for stomach pain and nausea.

    • admin says:

      Yes, severe nausea and stomach pain could qualify you for this program, but you are also correct that we would need a little more detail about the pain & nausea (what’s believed to cause this, how long has it been bothering you, etc.) from your doctor. You may want to call her and ask for “the progress notes from your last visit”.

  60. Mike Cargill says:

    I have severe restless leg syndrome. I just moved to AZ and have the last 14 years of medical records documenting my condition from the start. I have my AZ state id as well. Since restless leg syndrome is involuntary movements of limbs, would it qualify as muscle spasms??

    • admin says:

      Sorry to give you a vague answer, Mike. The notes from your physician are going to determine this. If it is documented as “persistent muscle spasms” or “chronic pain” you may qualify for this program. If you’d like to send your records for our doctor to review, you can email them to greencrosscenters@gmail.com, or fax them to 1-866-233-1910. Be sure to include your contact information.

  61. chris says:

    I have been seeing a chiropractor for years now for adjustments due to chronic back pain… Do I need to see a regular doctor or could I get reports from him to get my card?

    • admin says:

      No, a chiropractor’s records would document the details of your chronic back pain, and it’s cause, as a chiropractor is a doctor that specialized in back problems. At least one of the visits needs to be within the past 12 months to be considered current record.

  62. Janessa says:

    I have a herniated disc. But I don’t have 12 months of doctors records as I do not have health insurance. Ive been doing everything at home to help with the pain but it really flared up so I went to the emergency room. I got my diagnosis of a herniated disc there. Is this enough?

    • admin says:

      Hi, Janessa

      Are you saying that it was over a year ago the last time you were treated for back pain, in the emergency room? If you’d like to call our office and speak directly with someone about your situation, we are at 480-420-6582.

  63. Jeremy T. says:

    I have diabetes been diagnose last October and since I been diagnosed i been having lightning kind of pains in my legs mostly but feel it in my hands from time to time. I seen my regular doctor and he told me the medicine I am prescribed is to lower my blood sugar only and not help my leg pain. I been taking over the counter drugs but they don’t ease my pain. Lately I been having them more and more I’m hoping MMJ is my best option now cause since I been on prescribed medicine I had my share of side effect.

    • admin says:

      Yes Jeremy, diabetic neuropathy can be very painful and many people have been able to alleviate this pain with Cannabis. Just call our office or email to speak with someone about what to ask your doctor for in the way of records. 480-420-6582 or greencrosscenters@gmail.com

  64. Nick says:

    My paper work from nextcare says acute lower back pain and back muscle spasms , is tgat enough or do I need more documents?

  65. Jose Perez says:

    I suffer from depression,lower back pain,arthritis in hands,knee pains and right ankle can I receive a medical marijuana card with these problems.

    • admin says:

      Back, knee, and hand pain, caused by arthritis could qualify you for this program as long as the notes from your doctor explain this and are not more than a year old.

  66. Raoul says:

    A few years ago I suffered a fall and was diagnosed with severe spinal stinosis. Marijuana eases my back pain and lets me exercise with ease. My MRI’s are a few years old, and I do not go to the doctor. Will these suffice or will they be considered too old even though it is a permanant injury?

    • admin says:

      The state of Arizona only recognizes conditions that are permanent, or chronic in nature. You’ll need to see a doctor every year to verify and get the required paperwork to document your condition

  67. Robert says:

    hi i had a continuous case of dislocation of my shoulder which i went to have bankart surgery which my doctor said he could fix and some rehab. but he also said i had a severe case of arthritis in my shoulder which he could not fix is this something that would qualify i have all the documentation for it .?

    • admin says:

      From what you describe, it sounds like this shoulder pain would qualify you for the program as long as you’ve had a followup visit with your doctor in the past 12 months to confirm.

  68. mandie says:

    My main concern is on your privacy. I have no doubts that my father will qualify, we just need a strong level of confidentiality. If you file it with the AZ department of health will it be public records and anyone can access it?

    • admin says:

      No, Mandie. The Arizona Department of Health Services alone has access to the patient registry database. Strict privacy practices, similar to HIPAA guidelines, prevent anyone else from being able to retrieve this information.

  69. brian says:


    I have a disease that is called Neurofibromatosis, and it is known to cause chronic pain…. Would this qualify me to receive a card?

    • admin says:

      As long as you have clear progress notes from your primary care physician or chiropractor no more than 12 months old, explaining your condition.

  70. jonh says:

    I also don’t have insurance since 2006, from Des/tanf. So I haven’t seen one since.

  71. Daundrea says:

    Would a document from a chiropractor be ok? I havent been able to go see a doctor in a couple years because of no insurance.

    • admin says:

      Yes, a chiropractor IS a doctor. If you are applying to get your card for chronic back pain, notes from a recent chiropractic appointment would provide a diagnosis and current progress notes on your condition.

  72. Daundrea says:

    Do I need 12 month of follow up information from my doctor about my pain or could I bring the recent docs of my last follow up as proof?

    • admin says:

      As long as they explain your diagnosis and present condition well, the notes from your most recent appointment should be enough.

  73. sara says:

    I have back pain that leads to head aches about 2-3 times a week and they are pretty unbearable. This is fairly new and started after giving birth to my son 9 months ago , I have been self medicating it works amazingly but i have not seen a doctor or chiropractor about this. If I go see a chiropractor or doctor and get documentation does that qualify me?

    • admin says:

      You should qualify, as long as you have clear progress notes from your primary care physician or chiropractor no more than 12 months old, explaining your condition.

  74. Jessica says:

    Would severe menstrual cramps and chronic UTIs (often triggered by the menstrual cycle) qualify under the “chronic pain” umbrella? T

    • admin says:

      It would depend on the way that your doctor worded the progress notes about your menstrual pain and cramping. It’s hard to say without reading it. If you’d like to email or fax it over ahead of time, you are welcome to fax 866-233-1910 or email greencrosscenters@gmail.com

  75. greg says:

    what do i do if my medical records are 4 years old? will you take them still? I have chronic back pain. Thank you.

  76. aging back says:

    I get frequent back pain, but it comes and goes. This year, had back ache for about four months. Ct-scan showed moderate degenerative disc disease. Pain eased off a few months ago but returned worse than ever this weekend. Went to emergency room today. New ct-scan now shows severe degenerative disc disease. Doctor said that my pain is muscular but that because of ddd, I will be prone to this kind of muscle strain much more in the future. Is ddd diagnosis sufficient. Also, does Arizona publish the names of card holders

  77. patricia ann ramirez says:

    I WAS RUNNED OVER BACK ON 2012 and I have my leg half has been operated on numb to the bottom of my toes. I have my tail bone broken and I’m severliy in pain along with my migraines THAT I GET EVERY 3RD Day all of these problems I have been having ever since of my pedestrian accident I am 47 years please help me

  78. thereasa says:

    my boyfriend is 6’3 and weighs 140 due to type 1 diabetes….he has plenty of documentation saying he has diabetes. wasting syndrome is what he would qualify under. he will not eat without marijuana to help him deal with the loss of appetite and nausea ….will the diagnosis of type 1 and just looking at him work.

    • admin says:

      Diabetes is not a qualifying condition. If his medical paperwork shows a diagnosis of Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome in his progress notes from this year, he should qualify.

  79. julie says:

    I have migraines since I was 10 years old. They have gotten worse over the past year and was wondering if it would still be considered chronic pain if I get them like 4+ in a month? The migraine specialist I have been seeing wants to inject botox in my head and I am so scared about this. I have tried everything and the only thing that calms my headaches are ER visits. I have never tried marijuana either. I’m looking for alternatives as the botox has me so scared.

    • admin says:

      Yes, as long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, you should qualify for the program.

  80. Diana says:

    Hello, I was wondering if there was a status report on PTSD becoming a qualifying condition? Never done drugs in my life or anything illegal, but my ptsd has taken over everything and my seven kidlets need mommy back :/ Any help would be deeply appreciated!

    • admin says:

      Yes, Diana!
      PTSD has finally been added to the official list of qualifying conditions, relief to many people in Arizona. Check out our blog for more on that topic.

  81. Nicki Andersen says:

    I am bipolar, is that covered in Arizona at this time?

  82. John says:

    Hey I have had scoliosis for the past couple of years, had to wear a brace for a year, and am still left with a spinal curve that qualifies for scoliosis. Even though my records are over a year old it isn’t something that will go away. Do my previous records count? Or is the doctor able to confirm my condition on site? Thanks!

    • admin says:

      Our doctor needs to verify that you are still under the care of a doctor treating you for one of the qualifying conditions. To prove this, you must provide updated medical paperwork, not more than 12 months old.

  83. Tonya says:

    Is cystic fibrosis on the list? What about fibromyalgia?

    • admin says:

      No, specific conditions such as Cystic Fibrosis and Fibromyalgia are not on the list, but can fall under the categories of severe and chronic pain, or persistent muscle spasms. Fibromyalgia has become one of the most common reasons to get a Medical Marijuana Card in AZ.

  84. Miranda says:

    Do my medical records need to states exactly that I have “chronic” pain or is it ok that they just explain that I have pain and issues with my knee? I have made an appointment with your office already, but want to be sure to be prepared with the correct documentation before coming.

    • admin says:

      Your records need to explain why you are in pain and not imply that it may go away anytime soon. Sometimes the wording is a little less direct than stating Chronic pain. Hope that makes sense, and if you want to send over anything to verify before your appointment, you can certainly do that too. Email is greencrosscenters@gmail.com or fax 866-233-1910

  85. Ron says:

    I have had three surgeries on my left knee and just had a total knee replacement in December of 2014. I have severe pain and been having this pain for a long time before the knee replacement. Would I qua for a card. I hate take pain pills all the time

    • admin says:

      You should qualify, as long as you have clear progress notes from your primary care physician or specialist no more than 12 months old, explaining your condition.

  86. Jalen says:

    I tore my acl a year ago and I’ve been taking oxycodone and other pain medications I don’t want to become addicted on the pain medication so having had this surgery on my left knee would this allow me to qualify for a medical marijuana card.

    • admin says:

      You should qualify, as long as you have clear progress notes from your primary care physician or specialist, no more than 12 months old, explaining your current pain condition.

  87. Jordan says:

    I recently moved to Arizona a couple weeks ago, I’m epileptic, having had surgeries on my shoulder because of seizures, I also have arthritis in my shoulder due to surgeries, would and how do I qualify due to recently moving here?

    • admin says:

      You should qualify for this program, as long as you have clear progress notes from your doctor no more than 12 months old, explaining your condition, and your Arizona ID. If you have any other questions, you can call or email us directly at 480-420-6582 or greencrosscenters@gmail.com

  88. Allen Melander says:

    I just moved here from Wisconsin. I haven’t been to the Dr. here in AZ for my neck and back pain. Do I have to go and see the regular Dr. before I can come and see you. I don’t want to be on pain pills at all. Just not sure what else to do. I do have state insurance so could you recommend a Dr. from me

    • admin says:

      Allen, you need to have paperwork from a doctor that has treated you for back & neck pain within the past 12 months. If it has been over a year since you’ve seen your doctor in Wisconsin, you will definitely need to schedule an appointment with either a chiropractor or your primary care physician in Arizona before scheduling the appointment here.

  89. philip caron says:

    my dad is from michigan but spends 5 months here. so his id is michigan . he has a az. address and been coming here for 10yrs. he was in plane crash in ww11. and 91 in alot of pain with his bones with most were broke. i know he needs va paper work which he has been going there since 1940. so need how far back or can he even apply???

    • admin says:

      Yes, if your dad has a valid Arizona ID card or passport, and the current paperwork from his doctor at the VA (within 12 months) he can apply for his card and should be approved.

  90. Roderick says:

    Is Insomnia a qualifying condition?

  91. Kenny says:

    Hello I have a question about qualifying conditions, I have an anxiety disorder and I am tired of taking medication. Is anxiety a qualifying condition?

  92. Danny says:

    I know that anxiety and depression aren’t qualifying conditions, but with these conditions I have to force myself to eat, and when I do eat I end up with bad nausea every time. Would I qualify?

  93. Eric says:

    Hi I was in three car accidents within a six month time frame (not my faults) and I started to experience lower back pain so I went to my doctor. I have been multiple times. I was given an x Ray, Naproxen, and am now starting physical therapy none of which have worked or are working. So im curious if this would be better. Would my back pain and the failed treatments I’ve recieved qualify me??

    • admin says:

      You may be qualified for this program. You’ll need to have notes from a doctor that has treated you within the last 12 months, to determine if your back pain is considered a chronic condition.

  94. Will says:

    Early this year I was diagnosed with PANDAS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcus). After visiting a naturopath and seeing no results from natural medications, I visited a doctor in Phoenix who specialized in PANDAS. After some blood work it was also confirmed that I have traces of Lyme’s disease in my body. My symptoms included muscle pain and headaches, both at which were treated with Ibuprofen 500mg and anabolic steroids. I’m afraid that what will come next from the doctor would be pain killers. I do not want to take that route. My question is based on the information given, do I qualify? Is it worth my time to make an appointment to see if I can get the proper treatment?

    I have records from both doctors that include blood results for both PANDAS and Lyme’s disease as well as written records describing my muscle pain and headaches and what medications were given to treat the problems.

  95. eryka says:

    i have noted mdd (major mood disorder) and anxiety and depression marked on my charts. would that be a qualification as a condition?

  96. Angel says:

    I see that you stated medical records can be up to 2 years ild but every mmj doctor I have apokwn with says 1 year since diagnosis. Can you please confirm its 2 years and not one. Where can I find yhis information? I need a renewal soon.my diagnosis are Carpal Tunnel and Degenerating Disc in my back.

  97. vee says:

    I have had migraine for the last 2 years. My primary care doctors prescribe me naproxen and another medication I’m only suppose to take when I feel a migraine coming on.would that be a qualifier and would I need to bring those medical records describing the treatment received?

  98. mark Anthony lara says:

    Can u geta medical card if ur on food stamps…. Ur response Wii definitely be helpful

    • admin says:

      YES! The Department of Health Services even offers a discount on the filing fee if you are receiving food benefits. Just bring in one of the letters DES has sent you, showing your food stamp approval, and you can get a $75 discount.

  99. rocky says:

    Hi my name is rocky. I got in a car accident years ago when I was still in school and never went to the doctor for it since I didn’t have insurance or money to pay for it. Is there Anyway you guys Could help me out?

    • admin says:

      No, you have to have records from a doctor that has treated you for your condition before your certification exam.

  100. rocky says:

    I have had serious back pain. And use to be on opiates but I don’t want prescription pills for my pain.

  101. Medical marijuana may be an option for treating certain conditions, such as nerve pain or chemotherapy-related nausea.

  102. Amanda says:


    I have tendinitis in both my hips,and this causes me to have major hip and knee pain. Would i qualify?

    • admin says:

      As long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, it sounds like you should qualify for the program. If you have a certification exam with one of our doctors and they for any reason do not feel that you fit the criteria for the program, no hard feelings and none of your money do we ask. It just comes down to the doctor’s decision based on your records.

  103. Garrett says:

    Hello I had my medical card in California it expired in 2013. Would bringing my old card work as documentation? I had a full ACL replacement surgery in 1999 and suffer from stiffness and soreness along with severe pain on some days.

    • admin says:

      No, you do not need to bring anything concerning your California card. That is not a medical record, and would also be outdated. You need to have notes from a doctor that has treated you within the past 12 months for your condition.

  104. Eric K says:

    I contacted this site approx 1 yr ago about an eye condition I have known a Histoplasmosis. This condition has destroyed the central vision in my right eye causing my other eye to work harder than normal. This has resulted in pressure building up behind my eyes and headaches to go with it. Would this condition qualify me for a card? Please respond to my inquiry this time. Thank you

    • admin says:

      Yes, as long as the notes not over a year old, from your doctor would provide your diagnosis and current progress notes it sounds like you would qualify.

  105. vicky walsh says:

    I factured my tailbone years ago..did therapy and to this day still have a hard time sitting without pain in back and neck..would this qualify me for a card? Thnks for your time..vicky

  106. Abel says:

    I suffer from chronic gout and take medication for it. I also recently begin suffering from sciatica nerve pain. I had x-Rays done am still waiting on the results. Dr is sure it’s sciatica. Would these qualify me for a card?

  107. Art says:

    I have been seeing a doctor for sciatic nerve pain. The medication they have given me provides no relief. I also have gouty arthritis. May I qualify? Thanks.

    • admin says:

      Yes, as long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, you should qualify for the program.

  108. Caylee says:

    I went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with costochondritis, an inflammation of the rib cage. It causes me pain and discomfort, and it’s especially hard to fall asleep. I know costochondritis isn’t a qualifying condition, but does the pain from it qualify me for a medical card?

    • admin says:

      As long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, and describe it as chronic pain, it sounds like you should qualify for the program. If you have a certification exam with one of our doctors and they for any reason do not feel that you fit the criteria for the program, no hard feelings and none of your money do we ask. It just comes down to the doctor’s decision based on your records.

  109. Matt says:

    Hello I have a opiate dependency been fighting it for over almost 8 years now and have been winning for a bit now but I’ve been on suboxone and the withdrawals are just as bad and I have gotten really bad anxiety from everything I’ve done in my life, it’s taken a toll on my body and I know marijuana helps relax my body and takes away the anxiety much better than any anxiety medication I’ve tried to help cope with it, I don’t want to be on xanex because it makes me forgot everything and loopy, I haven’t been able to get a job because of this as well..I just found this website on google and it seems like a savior, do I qualify to be able to get my card? And Do you do walk in’s or do I need to call and make a appointment? Thank you for taking the time to read this and a reply would be beyond awesome. From what I’ve read on this site you guys seems like great people who are actually passionate about helping people, much love I appreciate it. Thanks again.

    • Matt says:

      Sorry I forgot to mention I have chronic back pains it runs in my family , my back is always tense to the point to where you can see it, and I’m an insomniac to the max, as you can tell I’m writing this at 5:26 because I couldn’t sleep, and it’s like this basically every night or every other night and ambient doesn’t even work I’ve been on trazadone 150mg’s befor night and that worked but when I would wake up (after over sleeping for hours…) I’d feel like a zombie…please let me know what you can do for me , sorry for such a long story I just have a lot of stuff going on with my body right now and I’d figure I’d try to describe my situation as best as possible to see if I’m qualified, thank you for your time.

      • Matt says:

        And do you guys really cover the fee’s and it’s free? Or could you assist I have little money wasn’t sure what the deal was with that, how much would the total be? So sorry for typing so much…thank you again .

        • admin says:

          No, that information is on this website as well. There are 2 fees, $150 for the certification appointment, and then $150 to the AZ Dept of Health Services for the card printing fee. If you are on the SNAP (foodstamps) program, you can get a $75 discount.

      • admin says:

        Yes, chronic back pain is a qualifying condition for this program.
        As long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, it sounds like you should qualify for the program. Our doctor needs to review those current records to verify your diagnosis.

    • admin says:

      Hi Matt,
      Anxiety is not a condition that is recognized in Arizona.

  110. Dave says:

    Is chronic back pain a qualified condition? Currently in physical therapy and have my records.

    • admin says:

      Yes. You’d need to bring the notes from either your chiropractor or primary care physician. Physical therapy notes alone won’t be enough for our doctor to determine if you’re qualified.

  111. kendell cobb says:

    hello, i would like to schedule an appointment but want to send my records over beforehand to see if i would qualify. Is there a fee for just sending my records over without seeing a doctor? I just noticed in the replies that it seems to be an option but just want to double check.

    • admin says:

      That’s a good idea. You can send your records and contact information over to greencrosscenters@gmail.com or fax 866-233-1910. There is no charge. If the records look complete enough for your certification we can then schedule the appointment to meet with our doctor for evaluation.

  112. Tyron says:

    I suffer from type 1 diabetes which causes severe nausea and chronic muscle spasms. Would this in fact qualify me for a medical card?

    • admin says:

      As long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, about your diabetes causing severe nausea and chronic muscle spasms, it sounds like you should qualify for the program. Our doctor needs to review those current records to verify your diagnosis.

  113. Nina says:

    Hi I have a question. I have had 4 miscarriages in the past 3yrs n suffer from extreme cramping and depression. I have my last miscarriage paper work but have not been diagnosed with depression or anything. Would I qualify?

  114. Jessica says:

    I’m moving from Colorado to Arizona. A family member of mine was murdered 2 years ago and I have been on anti-depressants to treat my Post Traumatic Stress and depression since. The anti depressants help with mood swings and keep me from having flashbacks when I’m awake but the only thing that keeps me from nightmares and night terrors is smoking marijuana before bed. What kind of documentation should I bring? What if my medical records say depression when the depression is caused by PTSD? Would your doctor accept that if I brought documentation of my family members murder and explain my PTSD symptoms or would I have to have another doctor state that I suffer from PTSD?

    • admin says:

      Yes, you need to have paperwork from a doctor that has treated you for your qualifying condition within the past 12 months. Depression is not a qualifying condition, but now PTSD is. Your medical records need to show a clear diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

  115. Tye says:

    I just moved to Arizona and well, I don’t have insurance and haven’t had insurance for the last 8 years…. do hospitalizations paperwork count towards the verifiable paperwork needed to determine my qualifying condition?

    • admin says:

      If the diagnosis of a qualifying condition, and progress notes from the treating physician are included, the paperwork from your hospital stay may work if they are no more than 12 months old.

  116. Jordin says:

    I read through I bunch of these comments and I’m just confused. You guys say you have a doctor there that can evaluate me, but I still need doctumentation from another doctor just so your doctor can see it? that’s kind pointless if you ask me. But let’s say I have chronic back pain and I haven’t seen a doctor for quite a while, can your doctor give me the recommendation I would need for the medical card? What I mean to ask is, can I complete the ENTIRE process it takes to qualify and then receive a card in the mail, in one visit, without seeing another doctor? I don’t really have any specific physician that I go to, can’t I just make your doctor my temporary physician and get a recommendation from him/her?

    • admin says:

      No, our doctor will not be able to recommend a medical marijuana card for you if you do not have medical records no more than 12 months old to show that you are being treated for one of the qualifying conditions for this program.

      That’s how the program works. It is the law. That is why the same answer goes for everyone.

  117. Martin diaz says:

    OK. What if I had surgery on my knee a couple of years ago. Tore my ACL, MCL and my meniscus have had chronic pain on my knee since then would I qualify?

    • admin says:

      As long as the notes from your doctor (not more than a year old) explain what you did here in the comment, it sounds like you should qualify for the program. Our doctor needs to review those current records to verify your diagnosis.

  118. Kim says:

    I have extreme pre menstrual pain each month, along with chronic pain caused by constant reoccurring urinary tract disorders.

    Would I qualify? Thank you for your help. I’m slightly nervous about going in, as I am shy about

    • admin says:

      Without seeing the chart notes from a doctor that has treated you within the past 12 months it is hard to say, but depending on how the paperwork is worded, you just may have a qualifying condition for this program. If you’d like to send records over ahead of time, you may email them to greencrosscenters@gmail.com or fax 866-233-1910. Just be sure to include your contact information, so that we can let you know what the doctor here says.
      You can also call any time if you have more question, concerns, or need to make an appointment.

  119. Breeona says:

    I currently have a California card. For chronic pain can i renew it in Az or can i have my mmj doctor sent my paperwork to you as documents for my condition?

    • admin says:

      No, you can’t do anything with a California card in Arizona. You can apply for a medical marijuana card in Arizona for chronic pain, but you will need to provide the chart notes from a visit with a doctor that has treated you for your condition within the past 12 months – not anything to do with your California MMJ certification – just notes from your primary care physician, or pain specialist.

  120. karen says:

    I don’t have an AZ State ID. I do have a federal photo id (US green card), would that be acceptable if I were to be approved? I want to have all my bases covered before I make any appointments.

  121. Joshua says:

    My name’s josh, I’m 23 years old. I have planters fasciitis on both of my feet, no insurance, no Assistance from the government and I do not believe in western medications. They make me sick. So I will need 150 along with paper work stating I have planters fasciitis correct? And how much for the card? How long will the whole process take. Is planters fasciitis a chronic pain?

    • admin says:

      If the records from your doctor relating to plantar fasciitis (no more than 12 months old) describe severe and chronic pain, you could qualify. You don’t need to take any medications offered for your condition, just need to document the condition to qualify for your card. The appointment at our office normally takes around 45 minutes, and the AZ Dept of Health Services prints your card and sends through the postal service, arriving around 2 weeks later.

  122. Heather says:

    I have always had arthritis throughout my entire body. Although I’ve never been fully diagnosed with it. I believe the only thing I have records for is severe tendinitis in my right thumb and wrist. My question is, do I need to meet with a physician and be diagnosed with arthritis first, or do the medical marijuana doctors do evaluations so I can bypass the physician visit?

  123. Krystiel says:

    I have really bad back pain everyday but I haven’t spoke to my doctor about it since I had my daughter in August I also had aa previous c-section and this would be my 2nd one and have pain where I had it done would I qualify for a medical marijuana card?

  124. anthony says:

    i had knee surgery 2 years ago and had physical therapy for a few months after it, ive recently started having knee pains again would i qualify?

  125. Emily says:

    Hello I was wondering if I would qualify: I take quite a bit of adderall each day to help with my adhd and it causes some extremely uncomfortable and painful side effects. It causes me to have extremely bad back pain to the point where I can’t really function, complete loss of appetite for about 16-18 hours a day, causes shortness of breath, and my main concern other than the severe back pain is fife insomnia. I am not able to sleep at all unless I take my prescribed sleeping pills which a lot of the times don’t even help. The sleeping pills cause me to wake up groggy and drunk feeling in the morning and I would like to be able to stop taking the sleeping pills. Would these issues be enough to qualify?

    • Emily says:

      The adderall also causes my nose to twitch and that is really uncomfortable. The only thing that has caused it to stop is marijuana.

    • admin says:

      I’m sorry, but because the cause of your back pain is really a side effect of the medication you are taking, you do not have a qualifying condition for arizona’s medical marijuana program at this time.

  126. Mark says:

    I have severe back pain due to a misaligned vertebrae does this qualify as a condition?

  127. Liana Jenkins says:

    Are Migranes a qualifying condition, I’ve had them since I was two? I’ve been diagnosed but it’s been more than a year since I’ve gone to a specialist (probably three). I still suffer from them almost everyday and no medication has helped. Do I need to revisit the specialist and have them diagnosed again, then go a year from that date? Or do I just need to get the records from them saying I have seen them and I suffer from Migranes?

    • admin says:

      Migraine Headaches could qualify someone for this program, as they fall under the category of severe and chronic pain. You need to have records no more than 1 year old, to provide our doctor to review. Chart notes from your last visit with your primary care, pain specialist, or neurologist would provide this.

  128. Jay says:

    I had Severe and chronic pain for over a year now due to a deep sternal wound because of an open chest surgery. Do I qualify for a patient card?

    • admin says:

      If the records from your doctor relating to your pain (no more than 12 months old) describe severe and chronic pain, you could qualify. You don’t need to take any medications offered for your condition, just need to document the condition to qualify for your card. The appointment at our office normally takes around 45 minutes, and the AZ Dept of Health Services prints your card and sends through the postal service, arriving around 2 weeks later.

  129. Gonzalo says:

    I just applied and qualified for my mmj license, however, it will be 2 weeks before I receive my card in the mail. Are there any dispensaries that will allow me to buy be only with the certification letter, which has my ID number from the dept of health?

    • admin says:

      No, you need to have the actual card. There is a magnetic strip on the card and dispensaries need to swipe it before they can let you purchase.

  130. Jared says:

    Is the age to get your Medical card in Arizona by yourself 18 or 21?

  131. Richard says:

    I have epilepsy but haven’t seen a doctor for it in several years. Would I be able to get a card to help with my seizures? I haven’t gone to a doctor for it cause I don’t see how paying for them to tell me something I already know is worth my time and money.

  132. Joe says:

    I have chronic lower back and knee pain, but no insurance to see a doctor about it. How can I qualify for medical marijuana?

  133. billy says:

    I am a disabled veteran with disability through the VA. I don’t have any recent medical records but will my disability paperwork be enough?

  134. Haley says:

    I have chronic lower back pain and chronic head aches. I usually see a chiropracter for it. Do I ask him for all my medical records from him or have him write a note saying what is wrong with me?

  135. Kristina says:

    I was recently diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrom and fibro myalga I am just curious if I would qualify cause no medication. Is helping me.

  136. Ty says:

    Military vet here. I know PTSD (at which i’m rated %50 by the VA) is a qualifying disability however, I stopped being treated for it 2 years ago– from what I understand you have to be treated for PTSD by normal practices to qualify for a MMJ card. Also in my medical history from the VA is thoracic spine myofascial strain which makes it so I can’t be on my feet for more than 15 minutes before I feel a very sharp pain in the left side of my back. This has been documented with the VA and I have paperwork to back it up. Would the thoracic spine myofascial strain qualify me for a MMJ card? I’d rather not go to the VA for PTSD just to have them try and shove pills down my throat (which is why I stopped going for treatment 2 years ago).

  137. Ina Villa says:

    I have anxiety but as I can see that doesn’t qualify me for a card. Would chronic sciatic pain from previous pregnancies qualify? I have no previous medical records with anyone for the pain or anxiety so far

  138. mb says:

    I have been treated for ADHD for several years. The medication makes me very nauseous and I am underweight as a consequence. Does AZ law recognize this?

    Also, what types of “chronic pain” qualify? Could chiropractic records be used to document severe back pain due to sclerosis?

  139. summer says:

    I havent been to a dr in about 25 years but im having alot of back problems and no health insurence can i still make an appointment with there dr and get a card i wanna use a natural sup

    • admin says:

      You would need to see a doctor to diagnose your pain issues first, but there is a possibility that you have a qualifying condition.

  140. monica says:

    How long will it take to get a card?

    • admin says:

      From the time we submit your application to the Arizona Department of Health Services, to the postal service delivering your card, it is normally 2 weeks.

  141. Jesus says:

    Would my extreme asthma qualify for my card? I’ve been hospitalized at times, for weeks due to it. Or my back pain? At night when I go to sleep I can’t due to my back cramping up, which doesn’t let me go to sleep until sround 3. I live in Graham County.

    • admin says:

      Good question, Jesus!
      While cannabis has been found to be a very safe & effective treatment for asthma, it is not on the list of qualifying conditions. You mention pain & muscle spasms in your back though, and that would qualify you if you have chart notes from a recent appointment with your doctor.

  142. James Green says:

    So you give a discount to people that get welfare and have food stamps but not to disabled Veterans that fought for their country?!! Think you need to fix this ASAP.

    • admin says:

      No, we do not give any of those situations a discount. We treat everyone equally here at Green Cross Patient Center, and the exam fee is the same for all patients: $150.

      The Arizona Department of Health Services is currently offering a discount on the card printing fee, to patients that can prove that they receive food benefits through the AZ Department of Economic Security.

  143. Sherai Burley says:

    Would notes from ongoing chiropractic treatment qualify you as medical records from a doctor?

  144. Keith R. says:


    I suffer from migraines caused by hypertension. I’ve been getting treatment for my hypertension but not for the headaches (Which is an extension of the hypertension. Although, I have mentioned the headaches to my doctor several times). My question is, do the persistent headaches caused by my hypertension possibly qualify me for medical marijuana?

    Thank you.

    • admin says:

      Good question, Keith. If your doctor’s chart notes say basically what you just summarized, then you should qualify. You just need to ask your doctor to print a copy of your chart notes from your most recent appointment with them. You can email greencrosscenters@gmail.com or call us at 480-420-6582 if you have any other questions.

  145. Sheila says:

    In 1985 I was assaulted and stabbed 9 times and almost died. In 1996 I was beaten and abused by a boyfriend. I suffer from PTSD from the past. I do not have my medical records of the assault nor a formal diagnosis. I have been on depression medication in the past, but marijuana works much better for me to keep the flashbacks, anxiety and nightmares at bay. Would I be able to still get a card?

    • admin says:

      While anxiety is not recognized as a qualifying condition in Arizona, severe and chronic pain is recognized. If you have appointment notes that show that you are still in pain after the injuries you suffered due to assault, you may qualify. You can send notes ahead of time for a doctor to review at 866-233-1910 (fax) or greencrosscenters@gmail.com (email)

  146. Dee says:

    I was diagnosed with giardia last Nov but still have stomach pain and headaches. Is this something that is recognized?

    • admin says:

      Since Giardia is not a chronic condition, but an acute one, notes on this condition alone would not qualify you.

  147. kathy romo says:

    Hello, please respond I have had heat flashes for 6 years now migrants my body aches everywhere I’ve even blacked out while driving before the pain has gotten unbearable I’m 21 and my doctor just wrote it off as anxiety which definitely does NOT take all the pain away please help there’s days I can’t even get out of bed because I throw up all night

    • admin says:

      Good question. The answer really comes down to what your doctor has diagnosed and observed. If your doctor says that you have severe nausea & vomiting, or severe & chronic pain and why, you may qualify. If your medical records say that these conditions are only symptoms of anxiety, the answer is no. If your doctor is not listening to you when you describe pain so severe you lose consciousness, or vomiting all night, you may consider seeing someone else. Those are very serious situations, and could be an indication of many health concerns.

  148. vonda says:

    Hello, I have Lymphadema and fibromyalgia are these on the list?

    • admin says:

      Due to the severe and chronic pain sometimes related, yes, you may be someone that qualifies for this program. Fibromyalgia is one of the most common reasons that Arizona patients have received a medical marijuana card. It will be determined by the way your doctor has described your conditions. Just ask for a copy of the chart notes from your last appointment, and you’ll be able to see that right away.

  149. Brandon says:

    I was diagnosed for COPD and early signs of emphysema 4-5 years ago, plus I also have insomnia, and muscle spasms when going to sleep. Will that qualify me for a medical marijuana card

    • admin says:

      Persistent Muscle Spasms ARE one of the conditions on the qualifying list. If your doctor has noted this you may be able to get your card.

  150. Robert says:

    Would TMJ be a valid qualifying cindition? I have been dealung with it for over 6 months and it is quite sever pain and discomfort at times. Ive been guven muscle relaxers and pain medicine to help with this but its usually still there and it pops when i open wide. My brother gave me some cannabis oil to try and that helped greatly. Please get back to me.

    • admin says:

      Yes, if the chart notes from your doctor explain in their words, what you just did, about being in severe enough pain that they have prescribed muscle relaxers and pain medications much more dangerous for this, I think our doctor would agree that cannabis would be a safer alternative, and that you would benefit.

  151. Michael says:

    Is medical marijuana an option for Scoliosis and if so is there a certain percentage that you have to have?

    • admin says:

      It could be. What it really comes down to, is the way that your doctor has described your condition. If your medical records describe Scoliosis causing you to have severe and chronic pain, you could qualify.

  152. Dianne says:

    Hi I’ve been taking Suboxone for a few years, initially for opiate dependency and now for pain relief. I also was diagnosed by my previous Dr with PTSD which its been a little over a year since any treatment from that Dr. I would like to try this for pain relief and to ease the symptoms of my PTSD, with all this info and the med Im currently taking, how likely is it for me to get approved?

  153. Dwayne Blevins says:

    Is diabetic nerve pain a qualifying condition?

    • admin says:

      It could be, if the records from your doctor are explaining painful diabetic neuropathy, and these chart notes are less than a year old.

  154. eulalia c says:

    My granddaughter has neuroblastoma, stage 3she is 4 yrs old. Would she qualify for this program?

    • admin says:

      YES, she would qualify for this program. A minor patient has to be certified by 2 doctors, and one parent must be registered with the Dept of Health Services as her caregiver. Just call 480-420-6582 if you want to talk to someone here, or email greencrosscenters@gmail.com

  155. Kiera says:

    I suffer from frequent migraines, insomnia and lack of appetite I am pretty small and can’t fain weight. I cannot afford to see a doctor so I do not have records of these conditions. How can I get a medical marijuana card?

    • admin says:

      I’m sorry, the only way you can get your card is by proving that you are under the care of a doctor for that condition and have been treating within the past year. If you can find an affordable doctor that diagnoses your frequent migraine headaches, you could qualify.

  156. Calvin Badilla says:

    I had a surgery in my arm where they cut a peice of my bone out and put a metal plate with 6 screws to hold it together I always get pain from it especially when the weather changes could that qualify me?

  157. Elisa says:

    I am a legal resident of Florida that spends at least 6 months in AZ. Do I qualify for AZ card if I have a medical condition? My doctor is here in AZ and he has been my doctor for over 12years

    • admin says:

      Yes, you can be a part time resident of Arizona if you are seeing a doctor here that documents a qualifying condition.

  158. Cherie says:

    Fibromyalgia? Took Cymbalta (spelling..?) which they prescribed and experienced HORRIBLE side effects. Would love something on the natural side

    • admin says:

      YES, absolutely! Other patients in Arizona have qualified for this program, with Fibromyalgia being the condition that causes severe & chronic pain. You will need to have medical records less than a year old to have the certifying doctor review.

  159. Mike says:

    I have severe nausea, I wake up every morning throwing up and even throughout the day. I have yet to see a doctor in regards to this due to no insurance. If I were to go to see a doctor and have them diagnose would this be a qualifying condition? I see all of these meds out there yet the side effects seem to be worse than the condition being treated. Just not fond of dumping chemicals into my body that can possibly make things worse.

    • admin says:

      Severe nausea IS one of the conditions that could qualify you in Arizona, if you have the chart notes from a doctor (records need to be less than a year old) explaining your severe nausea.

  160. Sam says:

    Hi I’m Sam I am 17 and I suffer from chronic nausea however I haven’t been able to get definitive proof of this nausea or a diagnosis but I do have documentation of doctors visits. Am I qualified for this program?

  161. Alishia Harper says:

    I have major depression disorder, agrophobia, and severe anxiety. Are those qualifying conditions?

  162. Meghan says:

    Hello i have suffered with pmdd for about 6 years now… some of the sympotoms of pmdd that i deal with are nausea, pain from cramps amd migrains. I could get the proper paperwork but would i qualify?

  163. c.woolfolk says:

    My son is 11 and has epilepsy with a history of continued breakthrough seizures even with medication.My husband and I are looking to have him evaluated for CBD treatment.Im not sure where to start with a pediatric patient.Any recommendatios?

  164. Todd says:

    Hello. Two questions: First, I have m gout flare ups that I control with allopurinol, which I hate taking. Is that a condition? I guess it would be considered chronic if I didn’t take my medication. Second, I see a chiropractor between 1-4 times per month because I have had back and neck pain for about 15 years and I sit at a computer all day. Is this something that fits into one of the conditions?
    Thank you for your time.

  165. Kamilla says:

    Will i be able to recive a card from you guys if i had suffered from cramps my whole life i also got prescriptions from the docotors cause of the pain but they would give me like 800mg ibuprofen and also i have an abses that really gives me a hard time ive been in and out of the hospital cause of that and i have very bad bottom bsck pains

    • admin says:

      It sounds like you are describing what doctors would call severe and chronic pain, and that would qualify you. As long as you have chart notes from your doctor that explain well enough for our doctor to make that determination, you should be ok. If you want to run your notes past a doctor here ahead of time, you can email greencrosscenters@gmail.com or fax to 866-233-1910.

  166. Estella says:

    Hi so i had a tumor in my spinal cord which left my whole right side maybe 10% paralyzed so I go to pain management but I really want to stop taking the pills that they give me and I want to start getting my medical card if I bring in my paperwork for my doctors do you think I would qualify for it because it does interfere with my daily living activities

    • admin says:

      Yes, it does sound like you have a qualifying condition. Cannabis oil may be able to shrink that tumor as well as helping with the pain right away.

  167. luis says:

    My mother has a glioblastoma tumor and recently has surgery to get it removed. They were able to remove 95% of it. Doctor said that she’ll need to go thru radiation and chemo to try and remove the rest. I have read that cannabis oil helps out a lot. Does she qualify for the card? Right now she’s going thru chemo so it’s very difficult for her to speak, walk or pretty much anything else so I don’t know how she can get one. Is there Any way I can help her to obtain one? If she does get a card I don’t think she can make it to a dispensary either, is there a way I can help her?

    • admin says:

      Yes, your mother does have a qualifying condition. Arizona law says that she must see a certifying physician in person, and present current appointment notes (any one appointment with her oncologist in the past 12 months will work) and get her photo taken for her medical marijuana ID card. After that, she can do her shopping from home. Many state licensed dispensaries offer delivery, because the patients that they serve are often going through treatment for serious illness and should not be making any extra in person stops. Just give us a call if you’d like to talk about her situation more, 480-420-6582

  168. Caity says:

    What about PTSD? Does that qualify as a condition ? I was diagnosed as a young child so I’m assuming I would just need an updated chart with that on it?

  169. Carole says:

    I dislocated and FX my right shoulder and have constant pain and also have loss some use of my arm. Would I be able to get a medical marijuana card. I have been in PT for several month.
    Thank you for your help.

    • admin says:

      It sounds like you are describing what doctors would call severe and chronic pain, and that would qualify you. As long as you have chart notes from your doctor that explain well enough for our doctor to make that determination, you should be ok. If you want to run your notes past a doctor here ahead of time, you can email greencrosscenters@gmail.com or fax to 866-233-1910.

  170. Nick says:

    For years I have had stomach cramping and pain and doctors thought it was just irritable bowel but I recently had an endoscopy and it was revealed I have a hiatal hernia between my stomach and esophagus. Do you think I would qualify?

    • admin says:

      Yes, if your medical records from the past 12 months explain what you just did, I believe that your condition would qualify.

  171. Jenifer says:

    I’m 15, if my mom came in and said I have anxiety and depression can I qualify for a card?

  172. Gabe says:

    Can I get a mmj card for a orbital floor fracture I had 2 months ago and now have headaches & migraines daily from head trauma?

    • admin says:

      The daily migraine headaches would be an example of severe pain, but to prove the chronic part, you would have had to been suffering for over 6 months.

  173. Stephanie says:

    Hi Ive been diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome as stated by my Dr in a whome it may consern letter an i was wondering if it would qualify for the program?

    • admin says:

      You would need to ask that doctor for a copy of progress notes from an appointment you’ve been to within the past year. A letter alone is not considered official medical record.

  174. Adrian says:

    What if i have irritable bowel syndrome?

    • admin says:

      Other patients have qualified with IBS. Of course it’s going to come down to the words that your doctor used in your appointment notes, we can’t make any promises without reviewing the records. If you’d like to send over your records ahead of time, you may email to greencrosscenters@gmail.com, or snap a photo with your smartphone and text to 480-420-6582.

  175. Veronica says:

    I get real bad back pain from time to time , I been to the doctor and prescribed pain pills, but just doesn’t seem to work. I’ve also went to physical therapy, would I qualify for this program and if so what does the note have to specify?

  176. patricia says:

    Hey! I can,t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all cancer patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for lung cancer or any cancer,i saw people testimony on blog sites of how Dr Rick Simpson cannabis oil brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can’t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the drugs the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that for months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any cancer system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine Man Dr Rick Simpson. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for cancer that is Not true, just contact him and get cannabis oil from Dr Rick Simpson to cure your cancer and you will be free and free for ever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try. There is no harm in trying. Remember, delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his email:(rickcannabisoil19@gmail.com)Contact him and be free from cancer! I wish you a quick recovery.

  177. Ami says:

    I havr a qualifying condition, but need to move from out of state to AZ. Do i need to see a dr in az before i come in to qualify, and do i need to have been an az resident for a certain period of time to qualify?

  178. JC says:

    I have had on again off again back pain for a decade. About 13 months ago I hurt my back to point where I could barely move. I never went to a doctor, just a chiropractor where I had an examination including xrays and did physical therapy along with the (weekly at first) now monthly adjustments. Is the medical history from the chiropractor enough? Or do I need to go see a physician?

    • admin says:

      Well, your chiropractor IS a doctor. Whether your condition qualifies for this program or not, will depend on the notes from your doctor and if it sounds like the pain is severe (the chronic nature should not be in question since this has been going on for years.

  179. Jason says:

    does having schizophrenia automatically disqualify you from getting a medical marijuana card even if you have other conditions that qualify you under the states guidelines

    • admin says:

      No, not at all! In fact, there are studies available now proving cannabis to be very beneficial for patients that have schizophrenia. You’ll want to talk to the experts at a local dispensary about which products to avoid, as some strains of the plant are not recommended, and which to consider as a safe alternative to man-made drugs.

  180. James Davis says:

    What if I haven’t been to a doctor in 5 years?

    • admin says:

      You will need to see a doctor for your condition first. Until then there would be no reason for an appointment here, as any certifying doctor needs to review medical records within the past 12 months to determine whether you qualify.

  181. Samantha Garza says:

    When. Going for the exam and the papers get submitted you just have to wait for your card or do you get something you can use temporarily until you get your actual card in the mail?

    • admin says:

      You have to wait for the printed card to arrive in the mail. There is a magnetic strip on the back, like a credit card, and any dispensary you go to will need to swipe the card before you can make a purchase.

  182. Dave says:

    I broke my tib/fib in 2008. I developed a massive bilateral pulmonary embolism/dvt from the break. They were never able to do surgery due to me almost dying from PE. I have been in chronic pain with this leg since. I’ve have several cortisone shots and pills since 2008. Ortho said all that hey can do is pain pills.
    Do I qualify?

  183. Stephanie says:

    My husband is military and we are stationed here in Yuma. Do I need to get my license switched to arizona or is there a way around it?

  184. Elizabeth Warren says:

    This is so great am alive to testify the good work of hemp oil and it’s miracle healing.

    In April 10th 2016 i was diagnosed of breast cancer and bone cancer when the doctor told me it was already too late for me, that i have only ten month’s on earth to live. I shared tear’s and all hope was gone thinking that i will just sleep and go just like that.

    My mom came to visit me in Serbia two month’s later and bought me some hemp oil product saying that it work’s well on cancer, ever since she told me about the benefit’s and encourage me to use the medication. I have been on treatment for the past 4 months now which was the required treatment plan for me.
    Last week, I went to hospital to do my test and to God be the glory my cancer was not found there anymore. I have been cured with Rick Simpson hemp oil which my mother had bought for me.

    My family is forever grateful to Rick Simpson Cannabis Oil.

    Last week my mom gave me his email which i contacted him in person and thank him for the life saving. Below information.


  185. Kate says:

    I am inquiring on endometriosis. I have been living with this disease for 19 years. I have had numerous surgeries removing numerous organs. I currently have the disease on my large intestine and pelvic well and ovaries with all other organs it attacked removed. I am trying to comprehend the usage of “chronic” in a little of previous posts to see if this would apply to me. Any information would help to see if I would be eligible for a more naturalist approach to this disease

    • admin says:

      Endometriosis can qualify as severe and chronic pain, if your doctor’s progress notes are explaining that.

  186. Karen McCullough says:

    My adult son has had migrain headaches and back pain since his auto accident years ago. He hasn’t been to a doctor since the accident and that was the hospital. He just isn’t a doctor person. He would have no medical records to bring with him so does this disqualify him?

    • admin says:

      Yes, the law is very clear about needing medical records no more than 12 months old to prove your qualifying condition. Tell him to give us a call (480-420-6582) and we may be able to give him the contact information of a doctor near him.

  187. Mike says:

    Can i come in with my cali I’d..im on az snap..just have not got my az id yet

  188. Scot says:

    I suffer from seizures but they arent caused from epilepsy, would I still qualify? Im currently on medication for them.

  189. Brittney says:

    Now, it says that documentation cannot be more than 12 months old. What if you don’t have current documents?

    • admin says:

      You will need to schedule an appointment with your doctor so that there is current record of your condition for the doctor here to review.

  190. brenda says:

    I also have nausea, i had an endoscopy done to confirm i have acid reflux, can this also qualify me?

  191. admin says:

    Acid reflux is not a qualifying condition, but severe nausea is.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>