by Steve Bodinet
Posted on April 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
PHOENIX — A steady stream of people flowed into Phoenix’s first medical marijuana dispensary on its first day of business.
Deborah Howard of Scottsdale says this is the nearest location, as she’s trying marijuana as medicine for the first time.
Howard suffers from nerve damage due to radiation treatments and also an injured disk in her back. She picked up a variety of marijuana products, including a cream, marijuana filled brownies and a small bag of pot to smoke.
She’s tried other medicines to help relieve her chronic pain with little success, and now hopes the pot provided by Phoenix’s first dispensary will do the trick.
Bloom Dispensary is directly across from the city of Phoenix’s billion dollar Skytrain facility, which links the light rail to Sky Harbor Airport.
James Patrick, who has a motorsports business next to the new dispensary, questions the zoning that would allow a medical marijuana facility next to what he calls the gateway to Phoenix for area visitors.
Bloom Dispensary grows all its own marijuana in other Arizona locations, and also provides other dispensaries with pot for patients.
How to get an AZ medical marijuana recommendation.
- 1. Call, or fill out the form below to make an appointment.
- 2. Bring your medical documentation and valid Arizona ID.
- 3. That day, you’ll know if your doctor has recommended you for medical marijuana.
Powered by Appointment-Plus
Sign up for our mailing list.
What our patients have to say!
Great place, the staff is friendly and made me feel at ease. Got my card within the week!
- A Second Arizona Town Passes Law to Ban Recreational Marijuana
- How Does Cannabis Interact with HIV Medication?
- 8 Times Medical Marijuana Benefits Cats And Dogs
- Montgomery Sued Over TASC Scheme That Hurts Impoverished Cannabis Users
- POLITICS Medical Cannabis Clearly Saves Lives, Federal Judge Declares