Scientists at Florida State University investigated the role of the endocannabinoid system in endometriosis, a disease common in women that is associated with severe pain and is difficult to treat. Using a rat model, they discovered CB1 cannabinoid receptors throughout the abnormal growths that characterize endometriosis. Blocking those CB1 receptors increased pain sensitivity, while stimulating them reduced it. They conclude that the endocannabinoid system plays a role in the development of the abnormal growths and pain associated with endometriosis, suggesting cannabinoids may provide “badly-needed new treatments.”
Dmitrieva N,et al. 2010. Endocannabinoid involvement in endometriosis. Pain. Dec;151(3):703-10.
How to get an AZ medical marijuana recommendation.
- 1. Call, or fill out the form below to make an appointment.
- 2. Bring your medical documentation and valid Arizona ID.
- 3. That day, you’ll know if your doctor has recommended you for medical marijuana.
Powered by Appointment-Plus
Sign up for our mailing list.
What our patients have to say!
The doctor was very friendly and understanding, and made the process quick and easy. I would definitely recommend Green Cross to my friends!
- How Does Cannabis Interact with HIV Medication?
- 8 Times Medical Marijuana Benefits Cats And Dogs
- Montgomery Sued Over TASC Scheme That Hurts Impoverished Cannabis Users
- POLITICS Medical Cannabis Clearly Saves Lives, Federal Judge Declares
- Tucson Rep. Todd Clodfelter, Phoenix lawmaker propose pot legalization